Monday, February 22, 2010

My "Running" Journal, 022210

Today is a rest day. Apparently, so was yesterday. I was scheduled to run a 3 miler on the Leif Ericksson trail, but I made the decision not to because of a nagging pain in my hip. So yesterday was pretty uneventful.

I’m not too worried about missing yesterday’s run, but I am about to go on a week long business trip to two different cities, and so my workout and running schedule are undoubtedly going to take a hit. I’m going to try and get out and get at least a one miler in – first half of the trip is going to be in D.C., and while there are some decent areas to run in near where I will be staying, the weather looks like it will be pretty crappy. So, we’ll see if I can get motivated enough to run. The second half of the trip is to LA and then a roadtrip back up to Portland.

I’ll get my run in tomorrow, but a one week break, while it doesn’t seem like a long time, is, in terms of working to build cardiovascular endurance. I really don’t want to come back home and have to get back into the shape that I am in now.

The good news is that the nagging pain in my hip, while it hasn’t gone away, has reduced in how it is affecting my stride. By Saturday evening I was pretty much hobbling around. My primary concern right now about that is not exacerbating the injury. Taking it easy on Sunday has allowed me a little bit of time to rest the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment