Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Running Journal 042010

I went running (finally) this past Sunday. Okay, not quite running, more of a trot, as I was running with friends who aren’t quite as far into running as I am. We were all wearing VFFS, so I wasn’t the only one fielding the questions from folks on the trail.

I’m at a point now where I think I am recovering quickly enough from my Crossfit workouts that adding the CFE workouts won’t be too painful. The specter of overtraining is one that has been looming over me – in order to maintain my current momentum, I need to avoid wiping myself out.

And I need to get back to running on a regular basis. I know that I’m not really improving my running without practicing the skills. It’s now been a week and a half since I took the Pose clinic, and I really haven’t utilized the skills or drills more than twice. The good thing is that the warm-ups at the gym this week all start with a 600ish meter run. That will let me practice some of my footwork. The run this Sunday was more of a trot, and the cadence we were moving at was slow enough that I really wasn’t keeping good form. But I can’t complain, I’ve been the out of shape one on runs, and it was fun to encourage my friends to keep going and to talk about technique and goals.

Speaking of goals, this week my micro-goal will be to get back into running on Wednesday mornings, and practicing my Pose footwork drills at least once a day for 15-30 minutes. And to get back to writing everyday.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment